What are the course objectives?
The Service Design (SD) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL Service Lifecycle category of the ITIL Intermediate level. The ITIL Intermediate SD certification demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of good practices in the design of IT services, processes, and other aspects of IT service management.
Simplilearn’s training program for the ITIL Intermediate SD Module includes both online and classroom training. The courseware has been approved by APMG and CSME and includes quizzes and sample test papers.
Why is the certification in demand?
Currently in its third version, ITIL is the world’s most widely-used IT service management framework and is based on global best practices in IT service management. ITIL enables organizations to:
- Increase productivity
- Optimize costs
- Improve the customer experience
- Find a common language for service management
- Gain a competitive edge
- Build customer trust in the organization
ITIL qualifications set international benchmarks of quality for IT professionals all over the world. Professionals taking ITIL training are encouraged to come up with new ideas and approaches to improve customer satisfaction. They learn to contribute effectively to service delivery in the organization. The value of ITIL has increased sharply in recent years and an ITIL certification is fast becoming an entry requirement for a majority of IT-based roles.
Certified professionals in this field are in constant demand, there are currently more than 5000 certified professionals around the world. Certified professionals can expect to take on job roles such as Capacity Manager, Availability Manager, Service Level Manager, Business Continuity Manager and Service Portfolio Manager.
What skills will you learn?
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes in service design
- Identify technology-related activities and considerations in service design
- Identify how to organize, implement and improve service design
- Identify challenges, critical success factors and risks
What are the career benefits of this course?
An ITIL certification adds weight to an IT professional’s profile. Certified professionals typically earn 40% more compared to their non-certified peers.
The ITIL Service Design qualification demonstrates the IT professional’s ability to frame consistent service design practices to improve the alignment of IT with the overall business and user needs. According to recent surveys by payscale.com, the average annual salary of the certified professionals in this field ranges from $80,000 to $90,000.
Who should take this course?
The following categories of professionals should consider obtaining the ITIL Service Design qualification:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Service Designers
- IT Architects
- IT Planners
- IT Consultants
- IT Audit Managers
- IT Security Managers
This qualification is also well suited for profiles such as:
- ITSM (IT Service Management) trainers
- IT professionals working in a service design environment
- ITIL Foundation certified individuals wanting to advance to higher levels in ITIL
- Individuals requiring an in-depth knowledge of the ITIL Service Design stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle
The SD module is one of the prerequisites for the ITIL Expert and Master’s Levels in IT Service Management.
- 180 days of access to high-quality, self-paced learning content designed by industry experts